API Terms of Service
Last Revised: May 07, 2014
Thank you for using the FavQs application programming interfaces (the "FavQs APIs"). By using the FavQs APIs, you agree to the terms below. If you disagree with any of these terms, FavQs does not grant you a license to use the FavQs APIs. We reserve the right to update and change these terms from time to time without notice. You can always find the most recent version of these terms at https://favqs.com/api_terms.
Your license to the FavQs APIs under these terms continues until it is terminated by either party. You may terminate the license by discontinuing use of all or any of the FavQs APIs. FavQs may terminate the license at any time for any reason. Your rights to use the FavQs APIs terminate automatically if (i) you violate any of these terms, (ii) FavQs publicly posts a written notice of termination on FavQs.com, (iii) FavQs sends a written notice of termination to you, or (iv) FavQs disables your access to the FavQs APIs.
1. Licensed Uses and Restrictions.
The FavQs APIs are owned by FavQs and are licensed to you on a worldwide (except as limited below), non-exclusive, non-sublicenseable basis on the terms and conditions set forth herein. These terms define legal use of the FavQs APIs, including all updates, revisions, substitutions, and any copies of the FavQs APIs made by or for you. FavQs quotes ("Content") are owned by the users and not by FavQs. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by FavQs.
- Provide attribution within your app to FavQs
- Use FavQs as the primary store for any votes or "favs" on quotes
- Use FavQs as the primary store of private user quotes
- Use FavQs as the primary store for any themes
- Direct a user to their FavQs Pro purchase page if they need benefits provided by FavQs Pro
You shall not:
- Duplicate FavQs or FavQs Pro functionality allowing a user to fav, vote, tag, theme or store quotes outside of the FavQs Service.
- Use the FavQs APIs for any application that replicates or attempts to replace the essential user experience of FavQs.com or the FavQs apps.
- Use the FavQs APIs to spam, incentivize, or harass users.
- Use the FavQs APIs to post automated content to FavQs, including favs and votes
- Attempt to cloak or conceal your identity or your application's identity when requesting authorization to use FavQs APIs.
- Display more than 30 FavQs quotes per page in your application or use an unreasonable amount of bandwidth.
- Cache or store any Content other than for reasonable periods in order to provide the service you are providing to FavQs users.
- Use the FavQs APIs for any application that constitutes, promotes or is used in connection with spyware, adware, or any other malicious programs or code.
- Use the FavQs APIs in any manner or for any purpose that violates any law or regulation, or any rights of any person, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, or rights of personality.
- Use FavQs as a generic text hosting service for advertisements, spam, etc.
- Use the FavQs APIs in a manner that adversely impacts the stability of FavQs.com servers or adversely impacts the behavior of other applications using the FavQs APIs. Further, we reserve the right to rate limit or block applications that make a large number of calls to the API that are not primarily in response to direct user actions.
- Sell, lease, or sublicense the FavQs APIs or access thereto or derive revenues from the use or provision of the FavQs APIs, whether for direct commercial or monetary gain or otherwise, except as set forth below.
2. Brand Assets.
Use of FavQs's brand assets (e.g., the FavQs name and logo) should be copied from FavQs.com.
3. Ownership and Relationship of Parties.
The FavQs APIs may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, international treaties, and/or other proprietary rights and laws of the U.S. and other countries. FavQs's rights apply to the FavQs APIs and all output and executables of the FavQs APIs, excluding any software components developed by you which do not themselves incorporate the FavQs APIs or any output or executables of the FavQs APIs. You agree to abide by all applicable proprietary rights laws and other laws, as well as any additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in these terms. FavQs owns all rights, title, and interest in and to the FavQs APIs. These terms grant you no right, title, or interest in any intellectual property owned or licensed by FavQs, including (but not limited to) the FavQs APIs and FavQs trademarks.
FavQs may elect to provide you with support or modifications for the FavQs APIs (collectively, "Support"), in its sole discretion, and may terminate such Support at any time without notice to you. FavQs may change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the FavQs APIs at any time, including the availability of any FavQs APIs. FavQs may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the FavQs APIs or the FavQs Web site without notice or liability.
5. Fees and Payments.
FavQs is committed to free and open access to our APIs for non-commercial purposes. However, providing the APIs does have real costs for FavQs. For uses of FavQs APIs over a certain rate or for certain types of commercial applications, FavQs reserves the right to charge fees for future use of or access to the FavQs APIs.
6. Disclaimer of Any Warranty.
Some of the FavQs APIs may be experimental and not tested in any manner. FavQs does not represent or warrant that any FavQs APIs are free of inaccuracies, errors, bugs, or interruptions, or are reliable, accurate, complete, or otherwise valid.
The FavQs APIs are provided "as is" with no warranty, express or implied, of any kind and FavQs expressly disclaims any and all warranties and conditions, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, availability, security, title and/or non-infringement.
Your use of the FavQs APIs is at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage that results from the use of any FavQs APIs including, but not limited to, any damage to your computer system or loss of data.
7. Limitation of Liability.
FavQs shall not, under any circumstances, be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising out of or in connection with use of the FavQs APIs, whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort (including negligence, product liability or otherwise), or any other pecuniary loss, whether or not FavQs has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Under no circumstances shall FavQs be liable to you for any amount.
8. Exclusions and Limitations.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations of sections 6 and 7 may not apply to you.
9. Release and Waiver.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release and waive all claims against FavQs, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees from any and all liability for claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), costs and expenses (including litigation costs and attorneys' fees) of every kind and nature, arising from or in any way related to your use of the FavQs APIs. If you are a California resident, you waive your rights under California Civil Code 1542, which states, "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor." You understand that any fact relating to any matter covered by this release may be found to be other than now believed to be true and you accept and assume the risk of such possible differences in fact. In addition, you expressly waive and relinquish any and all rights and benefits which you may have under any other state or federal statute or common law principle of similar effect, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Hold Harmless and Indemnity.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to hold harmless and indemnify FavQs and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees from and against any third-party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the FavQs APIs, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and/or consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees, of every kind and nature. FavQs shall use good faith efforts to provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
11. General Terms.
Questions & Contact Information
Questions or comments about the Service may be directed to us at the email address email@example.com.